Retired December 31, 2017 from FHA position as Senior Policy Advisor, Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Extensive management and leadership experience in Private Sector and Government Agencies (Federal Housing Administration, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHFA, Ginnnie Mae, CFPB, Mortgage Insurers) including all origination channels, spanning a wide range of economic and lending cycles and changing regulatory environments.
- Responsible for leading and supporting the FHA Home Equity Conversion Mortgage (HECM) program from June, 2010 through December, 2017 – implementing multiple program changes and complete overhaul of HECM Rule
- Developing and implementing Strategic Plans, Credit Policy and, Risk Management, Product Development, Compliance, Policy and Procedure Communication in Private Sector and Government Programs
- Seasoned leader of merger and acquisition integrations, business expansion/consolidation and organizational restructuring, including integration of sales channels, operations, policies, products and systems.
- HECM Program – 8 Years with FHA (Single Family Lending with primary responsibility for the HECM Program from July 2010 – December, 2017)
- Subject matter expertise across broad spectrum of mortgage lending functions and origination channels
- Product Knowledge, Government and Private Sector experience
- Policy Development, Risk Management and Compliance
- Ability to structure, organize and lead complex, multi-layered project management teams and successfully execute desired end goals.
- Key competencies: HECM Program expertise, Strategic Leadership, Team Building and Collaboration, Results-oriented leader, Problem Solver, Change Management, Project Leadership
US Department of Housing and Urban Development – Washington DC (7 years 7 months)
- January 2014 – December 2017
- July 2010 – January 2014
- Director, Office of Single Family Program Development
Washington Mutual (Jan 1992 – September 2008; Location – Irvine, CA/Seattle WA )
First Vice President, Sr. Group Product Manager/Sales and Operations Support/Senior Strategist
- Internal Consultant role providing strategic leadership and program management for high profile, cross functional initiatives. This role included responsibility for overall business ownership, management of multiple project teams, strategy development and implementation
- Led Home Loans Product Management Team through a transitional period, restructuring of Home Loans mortgage lending strategy and product development process, including introduction of new products
- Dual responsibility for expanding origination of Consumer Lending Equity products to all Home Loans distribution channels and developing and implementing Home Equity lending systems strategy
- Successfully implemented Home Equity Cross Sell strategy resulting in doubling of volume from $4.4 B in 2005 to $8.2 B in 2006 and increasing cross sell ratio from 12% to 34% by introducing new products to the equity product line; implementing channel specific Home Loans sales support and marketing teams for Retail, Consumer Direct and Wholesale channels; providing technology solutions and significantly enhanced origination and fulfillment processes
multi-million dollar, cross-functional equity systems initiative to transition
Equity product support from Retail Bank technology platforms to a new Home
Loans origination and fulfillment system
̶ Created and managed a cross functional, multi-layered program management structure responsible for coordinating 20 business and technology teams and four separate technology and operational components (Origination, Automated Underwriting Systems, Pricing and Servicing)
̶ Developed and integrated business requirements and functional specs for the four major Equity system components
- Implemented a new Release Management team structure and process for Retail Bank equity lending technology releases that resulted in a 90% reduction in release defects, ensuring production and operations; continuity during system releases.
Vice President, Credit Administration – American Real Estate Group (1990-1992)
Responsible for reviewing and recommending asset management and liquidation strategies for New West Federal (American Savings “bad bank”) $5Billion dollar nationwide portfolio of commercial, multifamily and construction loans and REO prior to submission to the FDIC for approval; evaluation and sale of existing New West Federal $700 Million SFR portfolio; and management of Loans to Facilitate Department – sale of commercial and multifamily asset
St. Olaf College
- Bachelor of Arts in History and Political Science
- Masters of Arts in Teaching
- History and Education